Pages

January 3, 2012

Welcome to the Rhody Home blog!

A new year = new adventures.

The backstory: I started blogging in July of 2009 when we began planning our {what turned out to be picture-perfect, amazing} wedding. After we were wed in May 2011 and returned from our honeymoon in June, I slowly lost interest in blogging about wedding "stuff". After June, I really put some thought into what I wanted to blog about, if anything at all.

Then it hit me: February 18, 2012 will mark ONE YEAR of home ownership for my husband and I. Where did that year go? How did it go by so FAST? We were busy renovating, getting married and settling in!

I'll be showing you before and after photos of our home renovations, decorating projects, some fun paintings I'm working on to deck our walls, and some fun in between...maybe some meals I/we have prepared, or a great pillow or lamp at Pier 1! Does your husband just not understand the female obsession with throw pillows? Mine doesn't either :-) What this blog will not be: a daily re-cap of our everyday private life. I might only post every few days. The goal is to have fun and share what we've learned with others.

We've done a ton of work on our 1962 Ranch. Luckily we had lots of family helping out. This all took place in 2.5 months before our wedding day. Yeah, we were exhausted!

So, here's to a new year! I look forward to sharing our home styling projects with you. I have a lot to share!





2 comments: